View Single Post
11-08-2007, 02:40 PM
Joined in Mar 2007
53 posts
vanedream
Hi Mariam
Thank you for joining. I like you believe the average citizen should be informed in all the topics that affect "our" country. I find it interesting that you are surprised that we support border security. I don't think I'm just speaking for myself when I say this, but I think most undocumented people support stricter immigration laws for future new commers.
Let me explain myself: for people that are here who already have a life the government makes it easy enough so we can just scrape by, we pay taxes are able to go to school, hospitals, work...etc. But there is no legal way for us to fix our status. Absolutely none. I for one think that is inhumane. How do we let people have a life, allow them to work, study, pay taxes (the IRS lets undocumented people pay taxes through a special number ITIN-many, many of the undocumented people in this country infact do pay taxes throught this number) and then not let them drive (just an example). If the government were to make it hard for people to start a life here then we would not be having this problem.
Post your reply or quote more messages.