View Single Post
09-19-2019, 03:48 PM
Joined in Aug 2011
5,677 posts
IamAman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsonkim88 View Post
Update: Had last family meal with my brother and my mother. Said our last goodbyes, and he just now boarded plane going back to his motherland. I'm not an emotional guy.. but this is surreal and sad seeing him go...
I've been in your shoes before and know how you feel. This won't be your last goodbye however. This is just the closing of one chapter of life and the opening of another. You will feel empty inside for a while and will have bouts of sadness, but you'll get through. Nothing ever stays the same and you'll be seeing each other before you know it. At least now days with social media and the internet, the world is a much smaller place.
Mid-40's dreamer (yeah, time flies), aged out of original DACA and didn't have a chance to apply for extended DACA after Republicans killed it on the vine. Have family petition that is now officially current but with past skeletons, is risky to move forward with AOS. Life is on hold for now until laws and/or government becomes more friendly. Life kind of sucks at the moment but like Al Bundy and the mighty cockroach, I survive.
Post your reply or quote more messages.