View Single Post
11-16-2012, 08:35 PM
Joined in Nov 2012
10 posts
iawia9010
I received 2 letters from USCIS this week: Approval Notice of I821/I-821D (Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) & Approval Notice of I764 (Application for Employment Authorization).

I am really happy that I get both of them approved.

Today, I went to the Social Security Service Center to ask for temporary I.D. and Social Security Number, mainly to apply job and drive a car.

I bought the letters that I received and headed out full of hopes and joys. Before long, I realized that how foolish I was.

After an hour of waiting, the worker at the Social Security Service Center told me that I have to go to the D.M.V. to apply for the number and the I.D. card. I immediately went to the D.M.V. and waited for another hour. The worker at the D.M.V. told me that I need to bring my passport to the Social Security Service Center for the number then come back.

I am now really confused.

First of all, I do no have Social Security Number. My goal is to try to get the Social Security Number in order to apply for driver license and a job. What are the proper order and/or procedure that I need to do? Can anyone help me?
Post your reply or quote more messages.