View Single Post
01-22-2015, 05:29 AM
Senior Member
From New York
Joined in Nov 2009
4,949 posts
Originally Posted by Quemiras View Post
My wife and I visited a lawyer last week to talk about adjustment of status option. Im EWI/DACA and been married for about 2.5 years with a baby on the way. Anyways, I asked him what my options are in regards to adjusting my status. He basically told me to hold on a few months. That under the new Executive Order, EWI's will be able to adjust their status without having to leave the country at all. He said it's part of the EO. This was BIG news to me. Has anyone else heard anything about this??? Can this be verified?
Get a better lawyer. You will either need a hardship waiver or advance parole to cure your EWI, either which requires you to leave US.

Only way for an EWI to adjust in US is via parole in place, you won't get that unless you have a family member in the military. Either that or 245(i).
I-360 (VAWA) filed: 08/21/2017
I-360 approved: TBD
Removal proceedings terminated: TBD
I-485 filed: TBD
I-485 approved: TBD
Last edited by Demise; 01-22-2015 at 06:00 AM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.