View Single Post
11-17-2014, 03:19 AM
From Los Angeles
Joined in Jan 2007
1,044 posts
drvenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith View Post
wait... how does one live their life forgetting they overstay their visa.. or not knowing they're illegal?

"I wasnt concern what that because I was a kid.. then I got into college... still being a kid... and I didnt know I overstayed my visa.. because I was a kid"
She probably remembers entering the country with a visa and her parents probably never told her. I knew I was illegal because I remember crossing a river and bushes at the age of 3; I remember the helicopters shinning their light trying to find us. I was scared to death. It's not difficult to go most of your life without knowing you don't have the proper documentation to be in this country.

I felt her pain though. I've been turned down from many things for being undocumented. I got turned down from a performing arts high school because the scholarships to go there were federally funded. I was accepted, but then they said, "wait wait wait, no papers = no entrance." Now I suck at piano thanks to them.

Damn, I've wanted to come out of the shadows for a long time and do something like a Ted talk or media interviews, but I don't want anyone to know I'm undocumented. That would put my parents at risk at their work, and I would hate to do that to them. Truth be told, I'm also conscious because I'm balding and I'm not the nicest thing to look at. Anyways, much props to those of you that can come out of the shadows.
Expanded Daca: I should be good now.
Bitter? Optimistic
Last edited by drvenom; 11-17-2014 at 03:28 AM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.