View Single Post
02-21-2013, 06:02 PM
Joined in May 2006
6,537 posts
Ianus
Quote:
Originally Posted by pslee View Post
Since we are approved or in the process of being approved, is it possible for people entered without inspection become permanent resident by marrying a us citizen? I know that ewi personal cannot have any legal status without something signed before 2001 as far as what my lawyer was saying. Has anything been changed after daca?
The process of an immigration benefit to an immediate relative spouse has nothing to do with a pending or approved application for "Deferred Action" for Childhood Arrivals.The basis for if one can "adjust status" or not is completely dependent on how they entered the United States legally OR if they are under 245i in order to adjust.If you have not entered legally you still must return at some point during the process even with the Provisional waiver....unless the individual has somehow used Advanced Parole to leave and then re-enter legally in order to adjust inside the United States.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancoli View Post
Does anyone know if someone gets approved for DACA, gets approved for Advanced Parole, and re-enters the United States, if it accounts for Entered with Inspection and can adjust status? I remember the girl who traveled to Mexico then when she re entered her documents stated that she entered with inspection...but Idk if she adjusted her status or not. Any news?
It should be technically possible irregardless of your current status.As mentioned prior,The only thing preventing an EWI from adjusting within the United States is if they entered legally or not.