View Single Post
05-22-2012, 03:38 PM
Administrator
Joined in Mar 2006
1,749 posts
Nick
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoney3 View Post
The first bug, which is quite annoying, is that posts do not sort them selves by the "Last Post" (date/time) in descending order. I find this extremely frustrating. In check DAinfo ever couple of hours to an hour, when I drill down to a section, I want to see the latest discussions on the top. I am not sure what order is being used now, but it is certainly not as helpful as sorting by Last Post. I have to sort it myself every time.

Second is when signing into the site because one attempted to perform an action that requires a user be signed in. After a user has signed in successfully, the site does not correctly redirect to the original destination that triggered the sign-in. I mean, the information is right there on the query string (destination=xxxxx/createpost.php...). Could this please be fixed - it currently kicks back to the homepage when signed in. I can offer to fix it if you (the ADMIN) doesn't have time.
The sort order you are describing is only in effect in the News section. This was done to keep news in chronological order. The Lounge and other sections should sort by latest reply. If there is more interest in this I can change the sort order of the News section to be by latest reply.

The second was an intentional (and a bad) decision from back in the day. I'll be turning that off once we get the server move sorted.
Post your reply or quote more messages.