View Single Post
06-26-2013, 04:20 AM
From Hawaii
Joined in Apr 2013
84 posts
YouMaySayImADreamer
Thanks guys! I will definitely keep you posted.
I wasn't going to share this publicly but here's my supporting letter. The reason I decided to share is I requested specific dates for a reason that some might think is not that important and the fact that they granted me more time than I requested is a testimony to the fact that they are being very lenient on us. I see so many people saying that they will not grant us humanitarian AP for anything short of a relative on their deathbed and that is simply not true. The doctor's note states that my grandfather has serious renal and cardiac conditions due to his advanced age and that's it.

Here's my letter:

Quote:
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you to request a grant of Advance Parole in order to visit my ailing grandfather in my hometown of --- in the state of ---, Brazil. As demonstrated in the enclosed documents, I have been granted DACA status as of November 2012.

In the 12 years that I have lived in America I have not seen any of my relatives (other than my parents and siblings) and recently lost both paternal grandparents without having a chance to say goodbye. It's been difficult to deal with such loss but that is only part of the sacrifices I have had to make in order to continue to live in this great nation.

However, now my maternal grandfather who helped raise me during the first 15 years of my life is very ill due to his advanced age and two cancer treatments and his physicians do not expect that he will live much longer. On August 15, 2013 he will celebrate 60 years of marriage to my grandmother, a special date that he might not be able to celebrate again. I kindly ask you to grant me Advance Parole for the dates of August 7 through 22 so that I can help set up and attend a church service and celebration and grant his wish of having his entire family reunited one last time. I will be forever grateful for the opportunity to hug the best man I have ever known just one more time.

Thank you for your time.
I know it was risky requesting that date and honestly, I was scared they would deny me on the basis that it did not seem that urgent but that date is a big deal to my grandparents and I really wanted to be a part of it. Everything I said on the letter was 100% true. I hope they don't give me any trouble getting back in.
Post your reply or quote more messages.