Thread: DO /POD School
View Single Post
04-21-2018, 05:45 PM
Joined in Jan 2018
271 posts
jaws
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshh. View Post
First, congrats on deciding to go to med school! I'm applying next cycle. Planning to take the MCAT March 2019.

It's tough finding information on DO programs. I'm not planning to apply to podiatry school, so I haven't looked into their DACA policies, to be honest.

I can share the links that I've found so far.

As far as your personal statement goes, I think it's definitely up to you. If being undocumented has influenced your decision to attend medical school, it is worth being the focus of your personal statement. Otherwise, you do not have to include it (but I'm not 100% sure where else you would have the opportunity to mention this to Adcoms).

See I think it would be critical to my personal statement. DACA gave me, like many others a backbone. But I'm worried that I would be rejected based off of the fact that I'm daca. I know that Adcom read our statements and goes over our application but I don't know if they would know I'm DACA unless I told them. Obviously my social and legal paperwork would give that away, but It's not like it's something they look out for . I don't really know if it's something that can be held against me.
Post your reply or quote more messages.