View Single Post
10-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Joined in Jul 2012
293 posts
cufnc
Are you surrounded by people who are also illegal or understand your situation and work with you about it? That could make a huge difference.

I live in a city with a very high white population so almost all of my friends are citizens. So being 21+ and not being able to go out, drive, work a good job like the rest of them can be disheartening. They know about my situation, but since I'm the first illegal person most of them have never known, they only empathize but don't know how to make life any easier for me. On the other hand, I have a Mexican friend who has a green card but a lot of her friends are illegal and so she and the other legal friends in the group know how to deal with the whole "situation," so to speak. They don't ask awkward questions (obviously), they look for possible work for them, and when they all go out, they go to places that accept matriculas. I'm sure for those people, DACA is less of a big deal.
Received SSN: 10/25/12| CA ID: 11/3/12 | CA DL: 11/8/12
Post your reply or quote more messages.