View Single Post
05-10-2013, 10:17 AM
Joined in Apr 2013
1,014 posts
TexanJose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyman0607 View Post
What's wrong with all these kids and drinking and driving? Mind boggling..
Unless you've walked in any of our shoes, refrain from making those type of comments. Some of us make mistakes, some of us don't, but if we do, we pay for them, and I just don't mean money-wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyisthelimit View Post
Hi TexanJose,

Can you shred more light on your DWI case, what were you being charge of, did you take any breath test or blood test, how did the whole process go, did you hire an attorney, and how did you get it to dismissed?
The reason I'm asking is because my brother was recently arrested for DWI and his DACA is not yet approved (almost approaching 6th month mark), we hired an attorney and he has a court date for the DWI case next week. Thanks in advance.
I won't give many details but here's basically a rundown of what happened:

- I was arrested in early 2011, I decided not to blow (which I'm not condoning since you will get your DL revoked), was booked at the county jail and then bonded out.

-I was charged with DWI, and my case finally went to trial (because my case was kinda odd, it couldn't have been dismissed) in late 2012 (yes, about a year and a half later, which is why I didn't apply for DACA since the beginning). Verdict: "not guilty".

-What I put emphasis on, is making sure that after the case is done (whether with trial or dismissal, and considering I'm from Texas, other states might be different) and that all the paperwork goes through making sure that the case is closed, which is what the immigration attorney's office asked me for in order to send my application.

-Like I said, it took four months for this to happen to me, because my attorney didn't know that they had to file the 'last' paperwork...and so on.

In your brother's case, I don't know what will happen. More than likely his application might get approved since (I believe, don't take my word on it) he hasn't been convicted of a crime yet, so maybe it won't appear in any of the criminal databases. I would recommend you getting an attorney (which is costly), because you wanna make sure the case goes on your favor...Hope this helps a bit. Good luck!