View Single Post
06-04-2017, 12:44 PM
Joined in May 2017
156 posts
LMM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR9 View Post
Anyone know if it's possible to renew DACA a year early? With last year fiasco of renewal processing time. I was thinking of just spending the extra 495 and renew earlier.
I highly discourage from sending it in THAT early. They'll send the application back or worse - deny it.

Follow USCIS' guidelines.

Quote:
USCIS strongly encourages you to submit your DACA renewal request between 150 days and 120 days before the expiration date located on your current Form I-797 DACA approval notice and Employment Authorization Document (EAD). Filing during this window will minimize the possibility that your current period of DACA will expire before you receive a decision on your renewal request.
Marty:

Google is your friend here but this is what USCIS site states:

Quote:
The fee to request consideration of deferred action for childhood arrivals, including employment authorization and biometric services, is $495, effective 12 a.m. Eastern U.S. time, December 23, 2016, and cannot be waived.