View Single Post
09-14-2017, 09:45 AM
Joined in May 2006
6,537 posts
Ianus
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissReni View Post
Hi all,

I am DACA recipient who will soon be married to a US citizen so I'm getting all my forms together for a speedy process. I entered the US with a B2 visitors visa and was inspected/stamped. It obviously expired and I've been applied/renewed DACA twice. I just have a few questions and would appreciate your input (especially for those whose situation was the same as mine and have gotten their green card through marriage since):

1) I lost my i-94. In the parts that ask for its #, expiration date, etc., I explained that it was lost and that I am submitting a copy of the page in my passport that immigration stamped when I entered as well as the visa page. Does this take the place of the i-94? Have any of you gotten approved without a lost i-94?

2) Form I-485, part 8, item 17 asks: "Have you ever violated the terms of a nonimmigrant visa? Technically I did since I overstayed and was unlawful. Should I answer yes?"

3) Form I-485, part 8, item 23 asks: "Have you ever applied for any relief or protection from deportation or removal?" Is DACA under this category?

Also it asks what my current immigration status is and I just put DACA Recipient. What did some of you answer for this question?
1.The visa page is proof of having a visa, but the "proof of entry" is actually the I-94 arrival/departure record.

2.Yes, you should answer as described.

3. The answer would be technically, no. If you have never been placed in actual immigration court...no.

4. No, Deferred Action. However, they will know what you are talking about either way so no worries.