Thread: Advance parole
View Single Post
03-18-2015, 04:05 AM
Joined in Mar 2014
105 posts
keldreams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjr View Post
Hi gies! So i sent out my application for advance parole feb.26 and they recieved it march3. I am going to central america to visit my grandmother who has diabetes mellitus type 2 and needs a surgery of her foot. I sent out everything; application, fee, medical letter, my own letter, approved daca form , my birth certificate, ect. But today i recived a letter from everything is fine but they need more proof that she really is my grandmother. What other types of proof or information have you sent out to show that they really are related to you? I though that with my birth certificate it would be enough? Since my second my mom's name if in my birth certificate and she does have the same last name as my grandmother? Thankyouu!!

I just had my AP application sent out on Monday.. My lawyer told me that you need a document stating your official relationship to your grandmother.. I was able to do this via a "family relation document" obtained by my dad who lives near my grandma in Korea. It's was in korean and the uscis needs a translation as well as the original, so my dad got it notarized. That's should make it nice and official.. Maybe you could get something like that. Hope this helps!
Post your reply or quote more messages.