View Single Post
11-16-2019, 11:31 AM
Joined in Jun 2010
1,214 posts
Dream becomes Reality
Quote:
Originally Posted by vft1008 View Post
Awesome. Very glad to hear. Thanks for your input.

I'm doing my AOS soon too and I want the name change to help support the legitimacy of my marriage.
Makes sense to me that's exactly why I did mine. When you get your new SS card you can use it at the RMV then when you get your new license you can use it at the bank to change the name on your account.

Another thing I did was change the name on my passport. It was still being processed when we went for our AOS interview. I remember the Interviewing Officer asked me for my passport and I told her that it was being processed by the embassy and she was happy about that.

Also keep in in mind for when you apply for Naturalization 2 yrs and 9 months from when you get your Green Card too. When I went for my Naturalization interview, I had to show all my passports (since arriving in the US) and the Immigration Officer mentioned that he could see that I changed the name on my most recent passport to my married last name.

Also apply for an AOS work permit too when you submit your AOS paperwork. It will have your married name.

Good luck on your journey and if you have any questions I will be happy to help.
Became a Naturalized United States Citizen 11/2019! (This is a miracle!)
Last edited by Dream becomes Reality; 11-16-2019 at 11:35 AM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.