View Single Post
07-22-2019, 05:19 PM
Joined in Nov 2012
133 posts
DreamerAngel
The rest of the world isn’t a bad place. You can be happy elsewhere if the worse happens. Live your life. Save some money out of the banks, learn a trade or consider how you might freelance what you do now or how you might monetize a hobby. An American degree has weight elsewhere. Get one if you don’t have one yet. Make or begin to make contingency plans. Travel. I travel a lot. I’m planning to visit Hawaii soon. I thought we weren’t able to go to Alaska but I’m hearing others have gone and I am definitely going. I survive because I know that I am able to succeed anywhere. In fact, the only thing that irritates me about my status occasionally is the constant reminder of how much I’m being held back right now because of it. I’m very ambitious. I have achieved much more than some american citizens my age and I didn’t get any help to do it. They like to complain that we are taking their jobs and getting assistance but the truth is we succeed even with our hands tied behind our backs while they seek baseless excuses for their failures and waste the opportunities they have right in front of them. Sometimes I want to leave because I’m getting older each year and I’m feeling like my talents are being wasted but I’m waiting a bit and in the mean time, I working and planning for contigencies and researching other countries. I’m saving a “Survive the birthplace for a few months” fund. Might even buy some land there and hire someone to care for it. I was hoping to fall in love and marry by now because I’m not doing the whole business thing but I’m not stunningly beautiful or thin and I have standards I won’t compromise even for “papers”, so I’m not betting on that avenue to citizenship. I’m moving ahead with the idea that I will either get citizenship through the passing of an act or leaving and getting residency elsewhere, not even gonna let mysef think even for a moment about getting married anymore. Not constantly thinking about that and hoping the love of my life will find me has released a lot of pressure and stress when the few dates I go on don’t work out. I didn’t realize I was so worried about that. Just live your life day to day and make contingency plans. Don’t cower and hide now. If DACA is taken then hide but right now take advantage of the freedoms you do have.