03-28-2009, 12:20 PM
From Chicago, IL
Joined in Jul 2007
805 posts
hrvatica13
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyTank View Post
Hey,

Just wondering.. For the IL requirements it says attended at least 3 yrs of High School in IL. But not stating whether it has to be 3 consecutive years before applying to an IL college.
http://www.dreamact.info/students/in-state/illinois

I kind of started HS as a Sophomore and graduated as a Junior.. so, would there be a work around there? Seeing as if I didn't graduate early, I would've actually been in an IL high school for 3 years.

Or... does the 3 consecutive years prior to applying for college counts for IL as well?
Technically I do not think you would qualify since the text does specifically state you needed to attend an IL high school for at least 3 years (doesn't matter if you went to different high schools in IL either).

It does not say anything about living in IL for 3 consecutive years. However, if you talk to the colleges you're applying to, they might let you have in-state tuition if you explain to them that you've been in IL for 3+ years and it's not your fault you're so smart that you graduated early.

I've read the text a few times and can't find any "loophole" around it. There are other states that do say you needed to live in the state for at least 2 or 3 consecutive years, but unfortunately IL is not one of them because it says you needed to be enrolled in high school for that amount of time.
Post your reply or quote more messages.