View Single Post
06-14-2017, 12:45 AM
Joined in Jun 2013
202 posts
D_IN_LI
Hey!

Thanks! It is a weight lifted off my shoulders, I am just waiting for the actual document now. Family wanted me to go through a lawyer too BUT I am already planning on doing that for my AOS which is going to cost me an arm and leg and just for AP a lawyer was charging me 2grand.

SO, I decided to do it on my own. Easy peasie. I thought I was going to get an RFE! But thankfully I didn't.

My doctor's not mentioned my father's illness, the severity, how long he has been hospitalized, and the reason why I needed to travel. AND just in case that wasn't good enough of a reason the MD also put on the note that my presence was required. hehe.

Very grateful and hope this helps you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky View Post
First of all congrats on your AP approval!! (I read on another post that you got approved. Not a stalker, but I did some searching before posting any questions lol)

I was going to ask how long it took to get approved, but I see that they are being approved fairly quick.

And after seeing how so many of you guys are getting approved I want to give it a shot with advance parole. Did you apply with the help of a lawyer? I want to do it on my own, but my family is telling me to just get a lawyer (which I don't mind).

But my main concern is the doctor's letter. Can you describe the content of the doctor's letter you submitted and your letter? It would be such a bummer to get denied or get asked for more evidence. I plan to make an appointment with my lawyer this week.

TexasAg08, can you tell us what extra documentation you sent in?

Thanks guys!
Post your reply or quote more messages.