View Single Post
12-28-2010, 10:42 PM
Joined in Jun 2009
103 posts
bello
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy117 View Post
The re-introduced versions had the 16 and under at the time of arrival sections but the prior 2001-2007 bills did not if i remember correctly. All I'm saying is we wont get anything passed without concessions-nothing ever gets passed without concessions! Again, the moderates are the ones we have to aim for for they are not as idiotic and stupid as our opponents on the far-right. If we can get the moderates more active in the political process to vote for candidates which favor our agenda the higher chance we'll have to pass anything.
Dems couldn't possible compromise more on the DA than they already did during the lame-duck. If they try to add border security and enforcement measures to make it more palatable to Reps then they would fuck themselves over. Assuming there are 12 million undocumented immigrants and only 2 million would benefit from the DA, the other 10 would be left living in a far worse situation than they are now. Imagine if they make e-verify mandatory, increase raids, etc. how would those 10 million keep/find jobs and make a living to sustain their families until CIR passes one day? It would be sacrificing many for the benefit of a few. Either they pass DA as is or CIR altogether. I beginning to feel nauseous for how dirty and senseless many politicians are. CIR is a no brainer really... It shouldn't be that hard to create a system to track over-stays and add more enforcement at the border, then add e-verify and tougher sanctions to violators who hire undocumented, create more ways to enter the US legally and hire more personal for faster processing, put all non-criminal undocumented immigrants on a path to legalization after meeting certain requirements, and then fund all these programs with some fines... What is so controversial about that? Census information just came out and if it wasn't for immigrants the younger population would have decreased! Who would pay into SS to keep it from bankrupt when all the baby boomers start receiving all their promised benefits? USA NEEDS more immigrants. IQ testing should be a requirement to vote.. fuck.
Post your reply or quote more messages.