View Single Post
06-06-2019, 08:39 PM
Joined in Jul 2013
62 posts
116flow
If there's no resolution or some kind of relief then I'll take it as emergency plan. I feel really confident of winning. But just standing a front of a judge to decide if I can stay or not. Its difficult. Specially if its denied. I heard if its denied then you will get deported immediately. If you win then you will walk out as a LPR. I will talk to a lawyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malign0n View Post
It is a lot of work and money. This should be considered as an emergency last resort if you find yourself in deportation proceedings. It is not worth putting yourself in that situation for something not guaranteed, stressful, and definitely time consuming.

Exceptional and extremely unusual hardship itself isn’t something difficult to overcome. In the immigration court system, the exception and unusual hardship is defined in a way that there is a substantial hardship to the individual(s) that goes beyond the normal hardship one faces when a family member leaves the country. Considering the ages of your children, you and your spouse’s different nationalities, those itself are considerable challenges. A competent lawyer can build a strong enough case along with any other factors in your situation (family in the U.S, family abroad, health, circumstances in your home countries, etc)
Post your reply or quote more messages.