View Single Post
09-13-2017, 08:57 PM
Joined in Jul 2017
95 posts
NattUhhLee
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissReni View Post
Hi all,

I am DACA recipient who will soon be married to a US citizen so I'm getting all my forms together for a speedy process. I entered the US with a B2 visitors visa and was inspected/stamped. It obviously expired and I've been applied/renewed DACA twice. I just have a few questions and would appreciate your input (especially for those whose situation was the same as mine and have gotten their green card through marriage since):

1) I lost my i-94. In the parts that ask for its #, expiration date, etc., I explained that it was lost and that I am submitting a copy of the page in my passport that immigration stamped when I entered as well as the visa page. Does this take the place of the i-94? Have any of you gotten approved without a lost i-94?

2) Form I-485, part 8, item 17 asks: "Have you ever violated the terms of a nonimmigrant visa? Technically I did since I overstayed and was unlawful. Should I answer yes?"

3) Form I-485, part 8, item 23 asks: "Have you ever applied for any relief or protection from deportation or removal?" Is DACA under this category?

Also it asks what my current immigration status is and I just put DACA Recipient. What did some of you answer for this question?
I don't have answers for all of these but I can answer 1 and 2.

1. YES the copy of the stampnon your passport, with the VISA page is sufficient. You just need to prove the legal entry. You should explain though why you did not include the i94 or the i94 #. Just explain that over the years you lost it.

2. The answer to this would also be yes. You will have space on the last page of the form to explain that you violated the terms by over staying and not leaving once the time expired

3. I would assume yes bit I'm actually not sure on this one. Sorry

Approved PERM Cert: June 2021
I-140 & I-485: Filing Soon
Post your reply or quote more messages.