View Single Post
08-12-2018, 09:53 AM
From Los Angeles, CA
Joined in Oct 2012
366 posts
lyrad89
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrad89 View Post
I don't think it'll be an issue with USCIS, since there have been many naturalized expired F1s. There's been talk here at E Co though, that people without status might become holdees. I haven't been naturalized, but I renewed my DACA until 2020. I'll find out if me or other expired status MAVNIs aren't released at the end of the coming week, which is when we're scheduled to graduate and go home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackathon31 View Post
Thank you so much for great information. Very helpful. I am active duty and only jobs that were available were 88h and 11x. I feel like recruiter screwed me over. Whatever i will try to reselect my job once i get naturalized. Anyway good luck with rest of ur military career. Salute!
Update: I just got home yesterday. Graduated, unnaturalized, but did not become a holdover. I'm glad I'm able to take care of the naturalization stuff from home rather than stay there.. Hopefully it all works out from here.

Even the unnaturalized, expired F-1s graduated and went home, and didn't become holdees.. which is great news!
Post your reply or quote more messages.