View Single Post
07-06-2011, 02:44 PM
BANNED
Joined in May 2009
6,763 posts
DA User
I am not sure how the undocumented got in the military or someone with a valid Visa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h3wlett View Post
I confess, I was dismayed by the largely negative post-hearing press that was published online, and subsequently on this forum, so I did not bother watching.

Yet, how could that statement be true if the example of the marine that I cited in my original post suggests otherwise.

I thank you for the advice, but for some undocumented like myself who do not have the luxury of living in immigrant friendly parts of the country (like California) or do not have false documents, the prospect of a non-combat Officer position in the army with the ultimate benefit of citizenship seems appealing.

Trust me. I would otherwise embrace the label of conscientious objector, but I am reduced to exploring such hideous options as military service.

Of course, good sir. But how does that explain the "success" of so many undocumented immigrants who have enrolled in the military, or the "unknown" citizenship status of so many more currently enrolled military personnel.

And, as I explained in my first post, there are 2 major definitions of Resident Alien used by 2 government agencies in this country. Granted, it would seem logical that the one you reiterated holds true for cases involving USCIS, but I have not found a source that explicitly states this is the definition employed by the various branches of our military.

And once more, I must cite not only the word of so many Republican Senators who claim undocumented youth can already join the military, but also the circumstantial evidence of once-undocumented personnel who have gone on to achieve citizenship through the military.
Post your reply or quote more messages.