View Single Post
11-13-2012, 02:20 PM
Joined in Aug 2011
5,677 posts
IamAman
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikibay92 View Post
Excuse me, but what is a hit and run? Did you kill someone?
I've been the victim of Hit and Run many times and sometimes it's serious but often it's just not.

I remember this redneck in a wal-mart parking lot backed into me even though I was riding my horn and he took off. I got his plate number, description and everything. I had an in-state license, and filed a police report. After a month of not hearing anything I went there and they pretty much just said they don't care (exact words were, his license plate didn't match his address and that was that.)

Another time I used to work late nights and this drunk hispanic fellow hit me from behind. it was around 2 am and this was before cell phones, but like an idiot I got out of my car and as soon as I saw him, I knew he was going to take off and he did. fortunately he didn't murder me.

10 years ago this other hispanic fellow ran a red light and t-boned me and ran off...it turns out he was driving his gf's sister's car and didn't have insurance or a license. my guess is he was not here legally. They were going to arrest him but the DA said he was less than a block away and his lawyer could argue that he was just looking for a safe spot to pull over to...except he couldn't go any further because his bumper was under his tires so it wasn't voluntary. My insurance paid for that.

I hate to say it, but most of my hit and runs were by Hispanics and more than likely it's because they didn't have the paperwork. I'm not sure what conclusion to draw from that. Does it mean that because they weren't tested and didn't have the ID to get a license and insurance, they didn't learn how to drive properly? Or that Americans have a point in being mad at illegals who drive. I was fortunate to have a license each time I had an accident that was my fault (twice) so I can't really judge.
Post your reply or quote more messages.