View Single Post
10-28-2012, 06:43 PM
Joined in Jul 2012
1,649 posts
arcane
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkiano View Post
It's a slow Sunday, trying to recover from some Halloween festivities last night Aaand since I'm still feeling the Halloween spirit in the form of a hangover, though I'd make a Halloween thread.

So two questions:

1. What is the scariest movie you've ever watched?
2. Good ideas for a costume/best costume you've seen?

I've seen some pricy, elaborate costumes in my day but to me, the best costume ever is the one Mr. Miyagi made Daniel in the first Karate Kid movie:

Here's what it is for those of you youngsters that have never seen the original 1984 film (not the Jackie Chan/Jayden Smith 2010 turd):

Simple, funny, and original (at least back in the 80s).

As far as scary movies go, The Exorcist hands down.

That movie is disturbing on many levels. I've watched it a million times and am more or less desensitized to it but STILL won't watch it on my own in the middle of the night.

Other than that one, no other movie has managed to scare me other than the first Alien movie when I watched it for the first time. Hard to find a truly good scary movie, most nowadays are garbage. Same rehashed storyline, completely predictable, completely booooring. Passing a Border Patrol checkpoint was a million times more frightening

The Blair Witch Project and Paranormal Activity were also great horror flicks out of the norm. Of course, maybe not as scary as they were when they came out and captivated the attention of moviegoers.

What Lies Beneath is a good one too, more on the thriller/suspense side of scary films, the same goes to the movie Signs.
Post your reply or quote more messages.