Thread: Me
View Single Post
02-14-2011, 06:12 PM
Joined in Feb 2010
1,678 posts
kikibay92
I have been around DAP for awhile now, but still haven't introduced myself.

I came to the U.S. when I was about 12 or 13. I'm from Hong Kong, hence I'm Asian. I didn't know much when my mom told me to come here, she said things would be great. In fact, I didn't like it here since the first day. School was especially awful in the first year. I was bullied and teased. But, things got much better in high school, I met many wonderful people, had many lovely teachers, school was excellent and fun.

In my last year of high school, I realized the status I have will not take me anywhere far from home. Ironically, I have usually wanted independence, living on campus, doing everything by myself. But due to my status, I could only apply to CUNY, and still living with my parents.

I have been living in New York for about 6 years now. Things are getting worse. Everyday, I wake up knowing there isn't any hope in front of me. I feel like drowning, I can't breathe. I question the purpose of life all the time, and why my friends don't have to go through all of this. I'm very tired of everything going around me. Sometime, I just to want to end it here.
Post your reply or quote more messages.