View Single Post
10-22-2012, 11:41 AM
Joined in Aug 2012
213 posts
shiro13
Quote:
Originally Posted by choukette View Post
What u need to understand is that an officer looking at ur case will take that as proof of student status not proof of continuous residency. I am no big shot lawyer but on USCIS.COM they put proof of student status and proof of continuous residency separate because they want to see separate evidence for each category.

meaning you can't take school papers to provide proof of continuous residency for five years. It might make sense in the real world but to USCIS those are two different categories that fall under two different guidelines and thus should be accounted for separately. Good news is it's not that bad. Just go back to the website and read what they ask as evidence for continuous residency....find those things and send them. If u don't have them, get creative use emails facebook ebay amazon invoice to help u. good luck!
USCIS provided examples what you can send as proof and school records are there. School transcripts shows your address you resided while you were attending the school. However, I understand what you mean.

I haven't gotten my RFE letter and I honestly don't know what else I need to prove. If that is the case, the only thing I could provide them are my amazon and eBay invoices. Maybe I'll ask my teachers and counselors for letters. I live with my parents so the lease and bills are under their name.