View Single Post
09-08-2019, 12:01 AM
Joined in Aug 2011
5,680 posts
IamAman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got_Daca View Post
Wow f them
Even 12 years ago when I helped a PR relative set up their account there and I was going to be added as a signer, they asked for my green card. I just made up something like I didn't have it on me and I wasn't added. Those bastards got every invasive information they could out of my relative - country of citizenship, etc. (and it wasn't a popular country so they had to sign extra things later promising that none of the money in the bank came from that country)

Cut to just this past week they were online checking something on their account and they got greeted with yet another request for information asking if they are a dual citizen. I did some googling around and they're doing this to everybody. All a bank is required to ask for is proof of ID, proof of address, and a tax ID. They are going way beyond that in some places now requiring place of employment (if unemployed, last place), Country of citizenship, legal status, etc.
Mid-40's dreamer (yeah, time flies), aged out of original DACA and didn't have a chance to apply for extended DACA after Republicans killed it on the vine. Have family petition that is now officially current but with past skeletons, is risky to move forward with AOS. Life is on hold for now until laws and/or government becomes more friendly. Life kind of sucks at the moment but like Al Bundy and the mighty cockroach, I survive.
Post your reply or quote more messages.