11-07-2013, 04:07 PM
From San Francisco Bay Area
Joined in Oct 2007
637 posts
MAGraduate
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrt09 View Post
@esther

I think you are a good writer. But your reporting makes you come-off as a 'ra-rah' person for whichever politician or 'advocate' you are interviewing. I am not a journalist, so I'll leave you with my reader's point of view.

Prerna's point is that whomever funds your employer's work, funds your work. Ask your employer. The fact that you wrote about her wedding has absolutely nothing to do with the sourcing of your payroll. I consider myself a very progressive person, and that means that I do not automatically give the Democrats carte blanche to manipulate, perpetually, the fight for legalization as a re-election ploy. Unfortunately, no matter how good intentioned you and your team are, there are more and more individuals and families who are opening their eyes day by day and can now see how the so-called advocacy organizations in DC are really only looking out to position themselves to receive millions of taxpayer funds and get in line for cushy political appointments.
Amen. I'm not attacking Esther, who I understand to be a fellow Dreamer.

I'm simply calling into questions the power-brokers in D.C. who are working for Democrats, not immigrant rights.
Post your reply or quote more messages.