View Single Post
07-21-2013, 01:05 PM
Joined in Nov 2012
14,973 posts
Pianoswithoutfaith
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandernigth View Post
House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, knows the immigration system in America is broken and in sore need of repair.

What he doesn't know is what the House will do to fix it.

"The legal immigration system's broken," he said Sunday on "Face the Nation." "We have a problem with 11 million people who are here without documents - 40 percent of them, by the way, came here as legal immigrants. So we've got a very big problem."

Boehner said the immigration bill passed by the Senate was too "massive" and did not contain enough "serious triggers" to guarantee border security. He said the House would deal with reform "in chunks," but when he was asked whether he would allow the House to vote on a bill that included a pathway to citizenship for those 11 million undocumented immigrants, he repeatedly demurred.

"It is not about me," he said. "This is about allowing the House to work its will."

Democrats and some Republicans have warned that a bill without a path to citizenship stands no chance of passage, but Boehner remained noncommittal. "I'm not going to predict what's going to be on the floor and what isn't going to be on the floor, and that's what you're asking me to do. I can't do that, and I don't want to do that," he said. "What I committed to when I became speaker was to a more open and fair process. And as difficult as this issue is, me taking a hard position for or against some of these issues will make it harder for us to get a bill."

Why immigration reform faces an uphill battle in the House
Biden: Immigration reform a "public safety issue"

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-3460_162...-not-about-me/

I love how he dodged the hell out that question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Face View Post
I hope Trump wins second term.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBefore1984 View Post
Tranny is not derogatory term dummy
Post your reply or quote more messages.