View Single Post
09-18-2019, 02:33 PM
Joined in Aug 2008
729 posts
legendver2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl_dreamer View Post
Hi Guys,

Got a job offer! It is 50% more salary so difficult to walk away from. Would you switch jobs given the unknown with DACA?

I have been with my current company for almost 5 years and viewed by leadership as a top performer but the compensation is just not industry standard.

Any insight might be helpful!
Imo, I don't see how the unknown in DACA would affect switching jobs if that's the only factor. DACA's status affects all jobs, inlcuding your existing one, so on the surface, if you get to make 150% of your current income, why not go for it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by papi mango View Post
do your math and see what other benefits/ career progression you have with new job vs old. I was viewed by leadership as a top performer as well. im with with my company for 7 years and last year I applied for better job and they contacted my manager and all of sudden there was a Chao between leadership. they reached me and asked me why I decided to leave and what are my concerns. I told them that I have no problems and concerns just financial issues. they gave my 15+K as well nice career progression as well. so try to contact your leadership that you might be leaving due to financial issues and see if they can offer you more and keep in touch with other job offer as well. good luck
Wow they contacted your current manager? Did you check the box that tells them to not contact most recent company? I know a lot of people do that for obvious reasons.
Bio scheduled for 2/23/2018
Post your reply or quote more messages.