View Single Post
07-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Joined in Jun 2008
1,909 posts
MDxOD
Congrats OP! Although your title is very misleading....your chances of getting into medical school are over 99.5% over people on this forum due to your adjusted status prior to applying. Which means on your AMCAS you put down Permanent Resident or had a valid visa status to which you changed later to LPR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vale View Post
Hi!

I am glad you have been able to achieve your dream.

I am undocumented and graduated last spring with a bachelor's. I know that there are private schools (like Harvard, other ivy schools) that accept undocumented students; and recently Loyola.

My question is what is an ok MCAT score to even be considered at these schools?

Also, Loyola accepts applications from DACA recipients, but I feel they will favor the applications of DACA recipients that live in Illinois, since the state has a fund (Illinois Dream) that provides students with scholarships and financial aid; what do you think?

Please share any info you think might help us. Thank you and wish you the best!
for general inquiries you can check studentdoctor.net

To be competitive for med school you should have a 3.6+ gpa and a 32+ mcat score.

There are several other factors that come into play. For example, if you are a minority (black, hispanic, native american) you get a BIG boost in admissions. I know someone who enrolled at Harvard and another at columbia med school, both have 3.7+ gpa and both had a 30 mcat. They were minority.

You should get involved in activities and shadow doctors. But how you perform in your courses and mcat are two major factors. Some schools will screen you if you dont have the grades or scores.
Last edited by MDxOD; 07-11-2013 at 06:22 PM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.