View Single Post
05-19-2009, 05:06 PM
From Texas
Joined in Jul 2007
610 posts
questionsihave
-Statement: Senator Mark Pryor

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act. I appreciate hearing from you.

Senator Richard Durbin introduced the Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors (DREAM) Act, S.729, on March 26, 2009. This bill would amend the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 to permit States to determine State residency requirements for higher education purposes and to authorize the cancellation of removal and adjustment of status of certain alien students who are long-term United States residents and who entered the United States as children. After introduction, this bill was referred to the Senate Committee on the Judiciary. While I am not a member of this committee, I will be sure to keep your views in mind should this legislation come before the full Senate.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I value your input. Please do not hesitate to contact me or my office regarding this or any other matter of concern to you.

Basically, no position.
Post your reply or quote more messages.