View Single Post
06-14-2018, 11:40 AM
Joined in Aug 2017
2,169 posts
jwxie518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper View Post
The fact that Biden tops they’re list of nominees is scary, and quite frankly tells me that the Democrats are more than willing to throw the presidential race in the trash again. Bernie is also a no-go. His ideas are so unrealistic and I doubt he’ll even make it past the primaries.

The Democrats also need to stop playing the race/gender card. If they try to nominate someone just because they’re black or a woman than expect another loss. No one votes on someone just because they’re black or they’re a woman, the voters care about the issues.

They need new blood such as Gavin Newsom or Joe Kennedy III if they expect to win. But so far, not one of they’re candidates stand out, and if they don’t get it together, expect another Trump win.
Joe Kennedy III lacks the charisma, and his family looms over him like a shadow; the same shadow casts over the Bush family. Not familiar with Gavin Newsom as I don't live in CA. But he's running governor, so maybe.

But you are right, Joe does has a high chance of becoming the candidate, he has the charisma and has the most experience among all potential candidates. But he's just too old for the job. In 2020, he's already 77, 78. It's like electing the Pope Benedict. I wish Joe the best though.

Anyhow, yes, the DNC will likely play with race and gender card again, but this time they will be more conservative I think. Warren is probably the top choice and I am seriously betting on Cuomo being a shot.