View Single Post
07-13-2012, 07:11 PM
BANNED
Joined in May 2009
6,763 posts
DA User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djdieg007 View Post
H.R. 3012 increases, from 7 to 15% of the total number of available visa for family petitions. It starts this fiscal year, so in October.
23,400 plus any numbers not required for fourth preference is given out right now for F1 category. You mean this will be extended to 15%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swim19 View Post
Well H.R. 3012 hasn't passed yet, though most likely it will.
When do you think it will pass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamLeon123 View Post
"245i most likely will be extended, especially if Obama is still the President. Starting this October the cases of people not being covered by 245i will have their priority dates, so we will see what action will be taken.

Also starting October the number of visas/green cards given out through a family petition will increase from 7% to 15%."

This is not true. Because of a racist Republican that favored Irish immigrants over all others the bill that would have increased the visas available is stalled. Unless their is new info that I don't know about.
23,400 plus any numbers not required for fourth preference is given out right now for F1 category. You mean this will be extended to 15%?

You would have to serve the 3/10 ban first if you are not grandfathered under the 245i clause though so this will change? The PD is for the I-130/140 petition though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamLeon123 View Post
I am in the same boat except that I am from Mexico and the visa waiting times is about 20 years for a son over 21. They don't call this category "immediate" although they fail to convince me as to why "turning" 21 no longer makes you an immediate relative to a US citizen. If you are over 21, apparently, you are no longer an immediate relative to your own mom.
Which category are you in? F1? You are also unmarried right? You are no longer an immediate relative if you turn 21 therefore the wait times are longer. It has always been that way though. Will this change? For Mexico, the PD is June 8th, 1993 starting August 1st 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny View Post
I think here is where the confusion is. If you were covered by 245i, I am assuming we we all under 21 at the time. If you priority date finally arrives, and you happen to be over 21 because the application process took so long, unfortunately you will not benefit from that case. HOWEVER, if you HAPPEN to get married or sponsored by an employee, you benefit from 245i in that you don't have to leave the country for 10 years! I mean that still sounds pretty good!
Are you talking about when 245i first started or when it ended? Age 20 and under at what date though?

If your petitioner files a I-130 and you are covered under 245i then you do not have to serve the ban to file for adjustment.
Post your reply or quote more messages.