View Single Post
11-01-2016, 12:28 PM
Joined in Oct 2016
11 posts
Joe1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrodriguez View Post
Just in case anyone is trying to renew their DL in Texas.
I went to the DMV today with my i-797 form. I went to the Mega Center in Spring.
The lady that did not initially want to process my Renewal with just the i-797. I let her know that according to the documents to verify lawful presence, an i-797 was an acceptable document, since it had an Alien number on the form.
She was reluctant, but I was pretty firm that it was a valid document.
She said that unless something changed since the last time she checked, that it wouldn't work. She ended up scanning the form just to please me, thinking it wouldn't go through. Within 5 seconds my paper license printed, she seemed a bit surprised.

In short, I don't think that all the agents are up to date on what's going on with immigration. So be courteous, and understand that you'll need to be kind but be able to present the facts. * I printed out the documents in case I was challenged*

For a split second I wanted to get upset, but then I realized how it must feel to have somebody tell you how to do your job. So I smiled, gave her the facts, and asked her to please help.

Good luck to everyone. Now I gotta fight the post office they lost my EAD ��
Thanks for this info. I went last time and they didn't even let me try without my EAD in hand. EAD was produced on the 27th, but it hasn't arrived yet and I need my license for work now.
Post your reply or quote more messages.