View Single Post
11-03-2013, 06:54 PM
BANNED
Joined in Sep 2009
1,399 posts
Chyno
I have the international Sallie Mae student loan. You need to send an e-mail requesting the application (with school federal code) and then you get an e-mail telling you what you need. I submitted my Passport, EAD, application forms and the application from the co-signer. My cosigner is only a green card holder. Afterwards they asked for my co-signers green card and I sent it in.

I was approved in less than a month and they sent the money directly to the school. Here is the e-mail:

Dear Student,

Thank you for your recent request. Please download, print, complete and sign the attached application. If you are adding a co-signer please ensure that their portion is also completed, and signed. (Please keep in mind that foreign international students require a co-signer that is either a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.)

Please note that valid Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) documents may be required to finalize your loan, and have funds disbursed to your school. Acceptable documents include:

· Student Visa (type F1, H1B, J1, or M1). If the student is already in the U.S. and the expiration date on the student visa has passed, we require an I-94 with a future expiration date.

· Valid passport with photo and current CIS Form I-94 (Arrival/Departure Record) with any of the following classifications:
F-1 and D/S; J-1 and D/S; M-1 and D/S; or H1B
Public Interest Parolee (PIP)
Asylum status granted indefinitely
Refugee status granted indefinitely

· Valid passport with photo and current CIS Form I-688B or I-766 (Employment Authorization) that entitles the student to work and attend school in the U.S.

Documents may be sent via upload by accessing "upload.salliemae.com", or by mailing the documents to: PO Box 9435, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773-9435.

You may also submit via fax if sending within the United States to 1-888-777-7562. Please be advised if faxing documents enlarge and lighten the copies to ensure the letters and numbers are legible for efficient processing.

We appreciate you considering Sallie Mae for your scholastic needs.
Post your reply or quote more messages.