View Single Post
08-09-2019, 05:00 PM
Joined in Sep 2017
133 posts
Carlo
Item 5 looks like it answers your question & and it's lifted from USCIS so pretty reliable source: https://www.uscis.gov/archive/freque...sked-questions

Quote:
Q5: If my case is deferred, am I in lawful status for the period of deferral?
A5: No. Although action on your case has been deferred and you do not accrue unlawful presence (for admissibility purposes) during the period of deferred action, deferred action does not confer any lawful status.

The fact that you are not accruing unlawful presence does not change whether you are in lawful status while you remain in the United States. However, although deferred action does not confer a lawful immigration status, your period of stay is authorized by the Department of Homeland Security while your deferred action is in effect and, for admissibility purposes, you are considered to be lawfully present in the United States during that time. Individuals granted deferred action are not precluded by federal law from establishing domicile in the U.S.

Apart from the immigration laws, “lawful presence,” “lawful status” and similar terms are used in various other federal and state laws. For information on how those laws affect individuals who receive a favorable exercise of prosecutorial discretion under DACA, please contact the appropriate federal, state or local authorities.
Application Timeline - Expiring: 09/18/18 | Renewal Sent: 01/16/18 | USPS Confirmation: 01/18/18 | Email/Text Confirmation: 01/22/18 | Check Cashed: 01/23/18 | I-797C: 01/26/18 | Biometrics: 01/30/18 (walk-in) | EAD Approved: 04/23/18 | DACA Approved: 04/24/18
Post your reply or quote more messages.