View Single Post
11-12-2014, 09:11 PM
From Atlanta, GA
Joined in Aug 2008
2,818 posts
freshh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3230 View Post
Let me start off by saying that this is great news for obvious reasons, primarily because it will give some people much needed relief,Like we got 2 years ago. I have family that will undoubtedly benefit, so my next sentences will only be out of concern.

Like the above poster said, this is it for a while. However, this is pretty high exposure. Unlike with the DACA announcement a couple years ago, this executive order will not be swept under the rug and forgotten about. Two years from now the republican presidential candidate will run on the promise of overturning this "Obama Law" . With all this media attention being brought to this hot topic issue, don't you guys think that tea baggers and conservatives will be lining up to challenge it? I have no problem with this order, truthfully I'd rather lose my permit in 2 years if it means that others can enjoy the same happiness that I have (for at least 2 years), but do guys think that this executive order will last any longer than Obama's presidency ? I really wish that congress would do its job and bring this issue to the table, but I know it won't. I just believe that this is probably gonna be the straw that broke the republicans back and will result in a huge backlash.
I think it will stay in place. Look at how long TPS has been continuously extended. And, honestly, this gives Republicans an excuse to never ever deal with CIR (which is sad, but true).
Renewal #3 Sent: 01.21.18 (Chicago, IL)| Arrived: 01.23.2018
G-1145:01.26.18|Biometrics Received: 01.30.18 (02.16.18 ) | Biometrics Completed : 02.16.18
Post your reply or quote more messages.