Thread: DACA to AOS
View Single Post
12-14-2017, 12:30 AM
Joined in Oct 2012
218 posts
jogearce
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBear View Post
I just came back from my interview in Chatsworth, CA. We brought our 2 kids (10yo/2yo) and waited for probably 30-45min. Our interviewer came to the office late so when he called us to the window, he basically said he wanted to talk to only me in the interview room. He said that having kids made our case pretty straightforward and he didnt even need to talk to my wife, he said he wanted to talk to me for 5min. My wife and kids stayed in the waiting area while I followed him to another room. This was a relief because our 2yo was running wild and he would've tore this guys office apart. We enter the room, he swears me in, then I do fingerprints. He then asks me the yes/no questions, I feel that he didnt ask me all of them because it was quick. He verified my address and he said my case was basically an easy one and he hoped that all of his cases that day were as easy. He apologized for being late, i shouldve thanked him for it because I bet a lil reason he made our interview so fast was because he was late and was behind lol. He said 1 background check came back clean, asked if I had any arrests or anything like that. I confirmed to him I had a clean record. Then he wanted me to confirm that I had been married for more than 2 years, I said yes (technically 2 years and 23 days) he then wrote down notes anf said out load "so regular greencard". Finally he said that he needs to run 1 more background check, but that after I would be approved. He said he will try to do it later today if not tomorrow. Then he said my greencard should arrive in a couple weeks after that! At the end asked if I had any questions, I said "do you need to see anything else" (pointing to a huge stack that I stayed up until 1am putting together). He said no lol. It was literally 5min and he sent me home.

So he all but approved me today, I will keep checking my online status. But this was such a relief and finally some good to come for me. I lost my mom unexpectedly earlier this month and with all the planning/services/family time I didnt even get to think/plan for this interview ( her funeral was Monday). I think ama sent some love from up above to make it as easy as possible for me. Before she passed she was hoping I got this so I could go to Mex and bring her stuff

Good luck to everyone with interviews, dont fret! And stay patient to those still waiting.

Thanks for the update. Congratulations ! let us know when your card arrives.
AOS PACKAGE SENT: 08/14/2017 Sent from Chicago - NOA RECEIVED: 08/18/2017 - BIOMETRICS NOTICE RECEIVED: 8/25/2017 - BIOMETRICS COMPLETED: 9/5/2017 - EAD APPROVED: 10/26/2017 - NOA FOR INTERVIEW RECEIVED: 6/19/2018 (FOR 07/18/2018 ) - AOS APPROVED: 7/20/217 - GC received: 7/28/2018
Post your reply or quote more messages.