View Single Post
09-16-2016, 09:40 PM
Joined in Sep 2016
48 posts
cdherrera
Quote:
Originally Posted by geronimo610 View Post
Ahh travel nursing, so much fun! Well, if you want to travel in California try Stanford, it's pretty awesome here. Pay is awesome and work is pretty chill. But dang Honolulu... that'd be amazing!

Timeline
applied May 16
Bio June 9
Expired Sept 4th
Still waiting and on leave of absence...

I did NILC and IRLC to flag and escalate this week. Just emailed senator/ congressman so we'll see if they contact me back but I heard they don't do much for you... I am not convinced any of this will help.

My manager said she wouldn't fire me but HR may not have a choice. She may just need to rehire me, we'll see... I am really hoping it doesn't come to that. It sucks because I can't even just go on a vacation and relax!!!!
I hope I get to work at Lucile Packard some day, I've heard great things!

I am also wondering if my agency will even realize I'm about to expire. No one has asked, but it is still a month out. I've read on this board that you can continue to work as long as no one tells you not to. Hopefully I'll be that lucky in the case that I expire.

I just know next week will have a lot more approvals, specially for those who have been waiting past the expected time range. Keep your head up, guys!
EAD Card: 10/26
Post your reply or quote more messages.