View Single Post
06-15-2010, 12:48 PM
Joined in Apr 2009
50 posts
angelina
Tough luck, Pedrotto. I go to Baruch, and I pay the full $5k a year. I haven't found any scholarships that will help me yet, but I should look into this also for the fall. A few things I learned from the past few years of school are:

1. Take as many classes as you can during fall/spring. I believe that the price remains constant up until 18 or 21 credits so if you can handle the extra classes, you might end up graduating a semester early.
2. Take advantage of the summer and work full time so you can take it a little easier during the school semester.
3. Cut down your expenses. Don't eat out 2x a day for 5 days a week. It makes a serious dent.
4. Deferrals/Payment plans. The school allows you to defer half the payment to a later date and won't drop your classes if you're late with the second half of the payment. Of course, you won't be allowed to register for new classes until you're all paid up. Salliemae has a payment plan -- they split it up into 4 payments instead of 2 so that might be easier on your wallet.

OK these might sound like common sense, but totally easier said than done. Its a tough life, but at least we don't have to pay international student fees.
Last edited by angelina; 06-15-2010 at 12:50 PM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.