View Single Post
04-27-2012, 12:10 PM
From South Florida
Joined in May 2008
2,276 posts
ECW
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAman View Post
I hate giving out personal information on here but I am 36. Came here when I was 10 just a few months after the 1986 Amnesty.

If they want to make it to where a kid came here before the age of 16, it would mean that at this point, there are potentially dreamers who are now 42 (anybody older would have already qualified for the original amnesty or would have been over 16).

Now why o why would we deny the person who has suffered that long relief? It makes no sense. Where are you guys coming up with 35?? I'd expect this from right wingers, but if you think that just because you're a teenager now you deserve this more than me, then, F you. I've been here 25 years. I've lived the nightmare that you just now realize you MIGHT live.

You need to get real, I have said it once and I'll say it again. At some point those of us who are in our late 20s are going to have to make a decision on a alternative plan for our lives, because the political reality is that we may not benefit from any "Dream Act legislation" We all need to get real, because not all of us is going to benefit from whatever bill is passed. It's either your going to be too old or you haven't been here long enough.
Walk-In Done: 10-2-2012
EAD/DACA Approve: 12-7-2012
Post your reply or quote more messages.