View Single Post
02-04-2013, 04:27 PM
Joined in Nov 2010
381 posts
Morrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Generation View Post
All ny residents get instate tuition, idk about fasfa
I know this is true, but I got totally fucked by it.

I transferred from LaGuardia Community College (where I got in-state) to Queens College. When I sign up for classes, I noticed that my bill is atleast double the amount I payed in LaGuardia, so I called the Queens College Bursar office (too afraid to ask in person) that what do I have to bring for in-state. The Representative on phone said that I have to provide a proof of "NY and US residency". I told him I have the proof for NY but nothing proof on US Residency since I am a illegal crossing. He then told me there is nothing I can do.

Fast forward few years, I'm at the last semester of the school (paying out-state, over 10k a year) I was glad that I'm done because... well paying the extra money is not a very good experience. Then I found this forum, where I checked the thread for states that gives in-state and NY's in there. I'm like wtf, so I called the Bursar office again, this time, yes they said, I just have to fill out a forum .

So, I went and grabbed the forum, however there posed another issue, for they asked proof of how I enter the country, what kind of visa such as visiting relatives, travel and the such, I have no idea what the hell I am. And on the paper it also said that if I'm granted the tuition would be updated on my next bill. It was my last semester, so I said fuck it.

tl,dr; I'm SOL.
Last edited by Morrow; 02-04-2013 at 04:29 PM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.