View Single Post
10-15-2016, 10:52 PM
Joined in Sep 2012
21 posts
c84
Hello everyone. I am a DACA recipient, and I want to share my story about buying a house with DACA. A few months ago, I decided to buy a home. I thought having a car loan with my local credit union wouldn’t be much of a hassle. After contacting Smart Financial Credit Union, I was surprised to learn that they no longer accept DACA for car loans nor mortgages. I found out that you must be a permanent resident or us citizen to qualify with them. I did some research and contacted a few of my local credit unions, and I got a no for an answer. Some loan officers said they would return my phone call which they never did. I contacted BB&T since they had a page designed for DACA recipients with some information regarding mortgage loans. After talking with a BB&T representative, he had no idea what I was talking about what program I mentioned. I once again was told they would return my call, but they never did.
I came across this thread and found out about Ernesto Borunda in Arizona. I was a little hesitant to call, but I did. He knows who we are and what DACA is. He was very polite and attentive the whole time. After providing him with information about financials, he was able to pre-approve me within a week. I was able to get a very low mortgage interest (though that will depend on your creditworthiness) and a closing within 45 days after selecting my home. My whole experience with First Choice has been amazing.
Ernesto and his team were always available to answer any of my questions. Give him a call and I'm sure he can guide you in the right direction for your home buying process.

Ernesto Borunda
602-8858112
Post your reply or quote more messages.