View Single Post
01-18-2015, 03:18 PM
Joined in Jan 2015
12 posts
ORFireman
Folks-

Here is my story, the reason why i want to share this is because i feel like it could help some of you out there.

I came here to the states without inspection when i was about 8, i'm 22 now.

I got my DACA approved back on 2013. I was very hesitant about getting DACA because i did not want to loose everything i had worked hard for, including my job. Anyway, i ended up applying for DACA by myself and without help from lawyers, simply by stories on the internet.

Last year (2014) i went to a local well known lawyer and i gave her my story on how i can work towards permanent residency. Following our conversation, she mentioned to me Advance Parole. She mentioned to me that i would have to leave the country and come back with "inspection" since i had no inspection, after that she mentioned that if i married my boyfriend of 2 years, i would be able to apply for my green card since he's an U.S citizen.

However, she told me in order to get AP i would have to go on a humanitarian ground. What's so ironic about this is that my great grandma who is 90 years old, was having some heart issues and had recently broke her arm. Finally, after two weeks of thinking- i asked my family in Mexico to send me documents from my grandmas MD reports. I had one letter from her doctor stating that she was requesting my presence because of her medical conditions. We sent the paperwork, on Oct 3. Because i though it would take a couple months i chose my departure date at Jan 8th to give me plenty of time. I asked for 2 weeks. One week to stay with my family and one week for travel.

I kid you not- On OCT 20 i checked online and it said my documents were being sent to me. On oct 24th. i got the advance parole. I was shocked! It took less than a month. they had approved my AP from Jan to Feb 19th. I was bummed considering i wanted to get it done earlier. But glad

Anyway- skip forward to Jan 8th. We departed, all i needed was my Mexican passport with no questions asked.
My boyfriend came with for comfort and also to see my roots.

We spent time in Acapulco with my family, it was an amazing experience.

We left on Jan 16th. Once we arrived to Mexico City to fly to San Francisco, i was just asked for my passport. I was not asked from any of my documents. NOTHING. Showed them my passport and pass and to the plane i went. I asked the flight attendant if i needed any immigration papers for SF, he said "No, they know you're coming" (AWKARD moment)
Skip forward 4.30 awful hours we landed to San Fran. I went into the visitors line with my boyfriend.

I approached the officer. He had a rough personality. I showed him my passport and DACA documents he asked "Why did you go to Mexico" i said "Family" "How old where you when you came here" I said "8" He said, please go to second inspection. As soon as i walk over to the second inspection two officers are talking to each other and over heard "Do you remember the slideshow presentation on DACA" The other officer said "Yes" , it almost seemed as they really did know i was coming back. He said " Come on over"

I gave him my paperwork and he said, please grab a seat while i review your paperwork.
I sat there for about 10 mins. Than i saw that he stamped my papers and passport. I was so happy! He called me up again, and said- Bryan, i need to take your picture and fingerprints. So i gave him my pretty face and back to the seat i went. I was getting slightly anxious because it's taking forever! So it felt, it was actually like 5 mins. He called me up again, and asked my height, eye color and skin color and my phone number. Finally i gave him that info, and he said to sit back down (AGAIN)

Then while i was sitting he says "Bryan, hang tight, I'm working to get this done so you get on your way" " I just need to run your fingerprint records" I was so relief when he said that. Phew. He was working on his computer the whole time. Finally he calls me up and gives my passport with "PAROLE stamp until JAN 16th 2016" He also stamped on my Advance Parole- he gave me both Advance documents back. I paused and told him that if he needed on of the documents, he said "NO" i have everything on our system. There's no reason to keep it. Your I94 record will be online. He said, go back the way you came and don't forget to renew your passport ( You have 5 more months on it) As i was leaving i heard one of the officers say " It's good to see cases that end good like DACA" Mind you- he was refusing a woman entry into the states because she over stayed her visa before. It took about 15 mins. Mostly because i was the first in line.

I was so relief. Holly crap, i made it.

I made it guys, i entered with inspection and now, because gay marriage is allowed in my state, we can get married and i could apply for pernament resedency because i had entered with inspection. What's even more important, i got to see my family and my ailing great grandma, i have never seen my great grandma smile so much. It was as if her pain went away. It was beyond joyful.

I was so scared- because at the discretion of the officer, i could have been denied.

I work as a fireman and for a non-profit organization. I did not want to loose what i earned the hard way.

For all of you dreamers, i will tell you this. If you can get advance Parole through DACA, do it. See your family you worked hard to see. Reconnect, see your roots. You have the permission to come back, take advantage of the benefit it could give you. Even after DACA ends, if you marry a U.S citizen you can work towards your Permanent residency instead of leaving this country we call "ours"

Theres so many of us who earned this. Now that you have it, take advantage. Because it could change anytime. Remember DACA is an Executive action not a law. It can be revoked any time with the next president.

If i could answer anyones concerns about my travels, feel free to ask.

P.S. My BF and i are planning to seal the deal, hopefully later this year he will propose? Wish me luck!
Last edited by ORFireman; 01-18-2015 at 03:26 PM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.