07-18-2018, 10:05 PM
Joined in Dec 2017
174 posts
UnknownUser
Quote:
Originally Posted by jogearce View Post
Just got back to my computer.

The interview took place in Chicago.

8:30am - We got to the field office early to meet our DOJ representative, the interview was scheduled for 9:00am

9:15 - the IO called us into his office.

Interview (30 minutes):

There was a supervisor waiting in the IO's office. My assumption was that our IO was in training or was recently moved to the location and the supervisor was there to make sure everything was kosher.

We remained standing and he made us swear to tell only the truth.
He turned to my wife and asked her to verify her name and address. he also asked her for my name and for her birth certificate.

He then moved on me. He asked me the same questions he asked my wife. Additionally, he asked me the same yes/no questions on the i485 form.

Then he asked if we had any additional evidence. He glance at our wedding pictures. I tried to give him more pictures but he said that that wasn't necessary.

At the end he said that he will look over the package and that we should receive a resolution within 5 - 10 days.

He did not ask any additional questions. Nothing about our relationship, marriage, or life style. I guess the evidence was enough. On top of that, my wife and I share the same cultural background, age, and religion.

The IO was very professional, the supervisor was more relaxed.

Overall, everything went well. I am extremely happy with the way the interview went.
Congrats dude! You will get your approval notification soon and then your green card!
Post your reply or quote more messages.