View Single Post
07-10-2019, 08:07 PM
Joined in Aug 2011
5,677 posts
IamAman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycgal111 View Post
How are you applying to get these cards? I applied online for my Amazon Visa credit card and I was approved right away. They didn’t ask me any for status questions. Same thing when you apply for credit cards in the stores. They just need ID. I see people with tax IDs applying for credit cards and getting approved. I dunno why you are having a hard time. Maybe cuz you go to the banks. Try the store cards that you can use outside the stores as well, there’s GAP Visa, Macy’s American Express, etc. You just apply in the store and you get approved or denied right away. You just need ID and your social or TAX ID.
Once again, GETTING approved is not an issue. I just want to avoid the question all together because I'm not from a country that is in good terms with the US and I just don't want to get any further scrutiny. But now it seems like everything is online.

FYI, amazon Visa is a Chase company...I googled them and it goes straight to Chase -the very company I am avoiding lol.
Mid-40's dreamer (yeah, time flies), aged out of original DACA and didn't have a chance to apply for extended DACA after Republicans killed it on the vine. Have family petition that is now officially current but with past skeletons, is risky to move forward with AOS. Life is on hold for now until laws and/or government becomes more friendly. Life kind of sucks at the moment but like Al Bundy and the mighty cockroach, I survive.
Post your reply or quote more messages.