View Single Post
12-06-2016, 02:20 PM
Joined in Apr 2009
566 posts
loquito23
Quote:
Originally Posted by eruelas562 View Post
Hi everyone! So I just returned back to the US using the AP and I want to share my experience so that those who are nervous and undecided become secure and decided.

So I was in ICEs' custody after they picked me up from the LA county jail about 4 years ago. Violation was not completing my community service (90 days) so I had to serve them in jail for failure to complete. I knew that ICE would most likely pick me up and they did. I was in custody for a few days before I posted bail. After my release I applied for DACA and had to wait 1.5 yr to get that approved. I contacted my congress woman because USCIS didnt seem to be getting back to me. Not even a week after my congress woman sent me a letter saying she contacted USCIS: they approved me

After my approval for DACA, I still had an open deportation case for the time I was in USCIS custody so I couldn't file for AP. In June 2015 USCIS Administratively Closed my case and I was not clear if I should take the risk to travel just because of the fact I had previously had an open case. But after months of hesitation and frustration I decided to give AP a shot. I filed for AP for work related reasons in Sept. 23rd 2016. (Receipt Date) and got my approval on Nov.22nd 2016. My permit allows me to travel from 12.01.2016 - 12.01.2017 multiple exits & entries.

This Friday 12.02.16 I departed to Mexico with the AP document approved, Daca Approved & my case with USCIS Admin. Closed.

On 12.04.16 @ 4:30 am I used my AP to re-enter (driving through TJ) and this is what happened.

Upon re-entry the USCIS agent asked my how I received AP. I told him through DACA (work related).
He handed me the AP and said ok you are good to go. However he had not stamped my AP. So I advised him that I needed the stamp. He was lost. So he instructed me to walk in the office to get the stamp. Once in the building, they took my AP, Workpermit & ID and had me wait.

The USCIS agent was also lost in the process. She asked me a few questions including under what grounds I had my AP approved and was shocked to hear it was due to work. To her understanding they only issued it for Family emergencies. I advised her they can approve for work, school and family. So she googled it. Lol.

After that was cleared, she took my prints and pulled my file. She asked if I had ever been arrested and I replied Yes. She asked if USCIS knew that before they approved DACA and AP to which I answered Yes. She then walked to the back ( I was so nervous) and came back with the paper stamped and told me I was good to go.

Now that I can clear the EWI I will adjust my status and get my green card. I really hope all these details can help someone as I know how nerve wrecking this process can be. I hope this helps someone who might think that they cant file or might be under the same impression as I was and scared to do this. My suggestion is, JUST DO IT.

Any questions you can email me at [email protected]

GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!!

How did you get multiple entry approved? I asked for it but they only gave me 3 months :/
Green Card Received - 3/23/20
Post your reply or quote more messages.