View Single Post
09-11-2017, 10:25 PM
Joined in Aug 2016
3,631 posts
eva02
Quote:
Originally Posted by year2010 View Post
like they are saving face for the party? I really hope this is true. Do you have any evidence, like something someone said, that this is taking place, or likely to take place? or This is just something you hope to happen?
My inclination is leading me to believe this from the change in narrative after Trump sided with the Democrats on the budget deal.

They can pass tax reform the same way they tried to dismantle Obamacare, without the need for Dem votes. The parties donors have probably listed this as the number 1 priority.
If they successfully pass tax reform, we may see them move to immigration, this would be sometime before March deadline. Imagine the party passing immigration reform as the only legislative win? Republicans would be pissed.

That's why their moving on to other things, they know Dems are going to attach this until it passes so there is no point in hearings, compromises or anything. They have the bill and they want to pass it clean no matter what. So they'll save face and keep from putting forth harmful "amnesty" votes and at the same time avoid all the bad PR from us going back to the shadows and being deported when DA passes.